Delusions: or watchamacall-em'

The unreflected life is not worth living (Socrates)--The unlived life is not worth reflecting upon (Buddhist) No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities. – Christian nevell bovee-

Saturday, February 03, 2007

El Simchah Giyl-God my exceeding joy

Finally, something thats not out of the deep deep recesses of my overworking brain.

My Grandma has been baptised!
After 98 years!

A family so steeped in tradition, false idols, superstitions,... and now the head honcho so to speak (grandad has left) has come to the light. She always has had a special place in my heart and am very very grateful that God has convicted her.

After a distressing time mulling over how sin seems to be glorified these days, i have been praying for a sign of God's working hand in my life- this week in particular. And He has answered; Amen!


No doubt this is proof enough for me that He sees (El Roi), He is able (El Yakol), and is faithful (El Aman).


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: CULTURAL-SENSITIVE ISSUES AHEAD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
just received further clarification that my grandma's house has been cleansed, all the idols taken down. Plus no more ancestral worship during Cheng Beng. Really wished i culd've been there to witness the whole ordeal. Never in my lifetime did i ever think id see the last of those joss-sticks and pink muffins, that fat balding guy with the pot-belly, the red-faced kitchen god, gold frogs etc. Though i did recall saying a prayer or two everytime i passed by those paraphernalia. (my prayer was obviously not to them...)

Truly, i can finally testify:

Acts 16:31 ..."Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

5 Comments:

Blogger joyfulthia said...

hey tommy-boy =) finally get to read ur updated blog...i'm 1 of ur fans u know...hee...
I rejoice with u over ur grandma's baptism, indeed God is El Aman (learnt a few Hebrew names of God here, thx!)
Even when we are faithless, He is faithful...
Continue to keep ur head up, look up & look far...=)

5:22 PM  
Blogger ~Rach~ said...

Praise the Lord!

4:53 AM  
Blogger lynn said...

U know what? U've just given me an extra push to continue to pray for my unsaved family members. And maybe strengthened my faith in believing that God is working.
I'm rejoicing with you!
Hallelujah!

5:44 AM  
Blogger tomcw said...

Cynthia: Thank you. ur loyalty shall be rewarded accordingly to ur blog. :)

Rach: Amen!

Lynn: Good to hear! I asked my dad what brought about such a big change- and his answer was: prayer, prayer, and more prayer. Don't give up! This whole thing still seems quite shocking to me, can't imagine Grandma saying Grace in Hainanese at the table. wish i culd be back for CNY.

11:23 AM  
Blogger yh said...

Hey Tom... PTL!!! Indeed the Lord is faithful! Hee... I'm smiling even as I type this :)

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home